Joseph Edeki Imanah was born on the 3rd June, 1962 in Uokha, Owan-East Local Government Area of Edo State. After his post primary Education at Azama College, Otuo, he worked briefly with the Nigerian Port Authority, Port Harcourt between 1979 and 1981. By 1984, he earned the Nigerian Certificate in Education in Biology/Chemistry at credit level. He went further to receive the B.Sc (Ed) Degree in chemistry with Second Class Honours Upper Division, M.Sc (Industrial Chemistry) in 1995 and Ph.D Degree in Industrial Chemistry with bias in Polymer Chemistry and Technology in 2003 from University of Benin, Benin-City.
He was appointed Lecturer III in Polymer Technology Department, Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi in 1996 and promoted to Chief Lecturer in 2010. At the Polytechnic, he has taught generations of students and he is reputed and respected for the unique style and clarity of his lectures.
- mentored 100 HND candidates in Polymer Technology.
- published well over 30 scientific articles in peer-review archival journals in addition to six books and several technical reports and other invited lectures.
- recipient of many commendations including Rector’s commendation letter for winning the 1st position in 2005 in all Polytechnic Exposition in Kano; commendation letter from Auchi Polytechnic Academic Board for exposing academic fraud in Polymer Technology, etc.
- served as consultant chemist, to many industries.
- a Chartered Chemist, Fellow, Polymer Institute of Nigeria (FPIN), Fellow, Chemical Society of Nigeria .
- served as Deputy Director, Polytechnic Consultancy Services Unit, Deputy Director, Polytechnic Ventures Limited; Head, Department of Polymer Technology, Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi and Director, Centre for Flexible Skills Development.
- Dr. Imanah has also served in several committees and chaired some in the Polytechnic.
-National President, Polymer Institute of Nigeria 2011-2015; CSN Deputy Vice President, South-South, 2010-2014; National Treasurer, 2014-2017 and currently CSN Financial Secretary.
-Member, Ministerial Committee on Appointments and Promotions, College of Chemical and Leather Technology, CHELTECH, Zaria, 2006-2008.
-Dr. Imanah is a Reviewing/Referee Editor to Journal of Applied Polymer Science, USA; Associate Editor,Journal of Chemical Society of Nigeria,
-He is married with children. Dr. Imanah believes in the existence of the Almighty Creator, the Ruler of the entire creation, without whom he is naught.